Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Woh Shaam Kuch Ajeeb Thi

28 December 2008, the last Sunday of the year…. It was evening time…finished my tea and came to room expecting to study….but not gearing up for it… the thought process was consuming lot of (already limited) brain resource … what to study…should I read some research paper… or should read some text book… now I have to serious about studies…31st Dec’07 seemed to be just like yesterday…the time flied away… just similar to the quote in Munna Bhai MBBS, (“yeh karma to shuru hote hee khatam hota ye..”) ‘ye saal to shuru hote hee khatam ho raha hain…’ ..

the one of major resolution made last year was to wake up early morning everyday and study hard in the morning session only… Couldn’t follow it after writing blog on it… (Fragrance of a Morning)…..

Every year…when it comes year ending… lot of (my) time is spent on making new year resolutions… but never made any of it :) Just day before Sunday one of my friends told me… “My New Year resolution is to not to make any resolution this year…” …good one..... :) It reminded me a story.. Once a king asks his barber “whom do you shave”? Barber, “I shave only all those in the city who don’t shave themselves…” Now the question is does the barber shaves himself? ... If you say “yes,” then think, he shave himself, means barber is not suppose to shave himself… and if you say, “no”, again, then he should shave himself according to his statement… this is actually a famous Russell's paradox in math.. So…that resolution of no resolution leads similar to Russell’s paradox… so what to do… how I should plan for 2009….

How about studies that was supposed to take place in the evening… more than 20 mins passed … it was some wonderful evening… sky was clear and blue…sun was going far at west… the whether was pleasant cool… the evening breeze was not allowing me to be at study… finally decided to roam in the beautiful IISc campus on this beautiful evening.....


So… gave up thought of studies…took digital camera with me…. In this digital era... u may not be an expert at photography; still u can take good snaps with the help of these new cameras... So started wandering around the campus with digi-cam... looking at the sun through trees…was a splendid vista

birds were returning home…


reached the main building… it was simply magnificent… the building was illuminated by the orange sunshine, the scene was making me speechless…

Then went to gymkhana… students were playing on the ground…


I was astounded…. I was just feeling that this evening is different…. on the verge of the new year…

So this is time to look back and look ahead both…. Evening like this is a bridge between the year passing by and the new year arriving soon.. New Year, new beginning, full of promise and opportunity and the chance to make dreams come true

It was dark when I returned back to room with pleasant mood… with loads of hopes about future….


I take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy new year… I wish you all a wonderful, exciting year ahead!!!

With Warm Wishes,
----
Regards,
Royal Sujit

(For more photos taken on this evening: http://picasaweb.google.com/sujit.gujar/IIScPhotos# )

2 comments: