Friday, May 30, 2008

Unprecedented

It was Sunday in cold winter. I was in Delhi for short visit. I had been on flight few times, still I am always excited about the take off..
That day, flight was at 545 pm from Delhi to Bangalore.
I reached airport that day well in advance...wanted to make sure that I will get
window sit. I approached the counter to get my boarding pass....

The lady at the counter checked my ticket and asked, "Any preference sir?".
"Yes, please give me window sit", me.
"Sure", the lady.
Yeah...so I got the window sit.

Now, I had to kill almost one and half hour ...
Every moment was like an hour...
Was checking for boarding call for me every 5 minutes....
In between watching females/gals (;)) roaming here and there...

Finally they announced the boarding call...
I immediately went to gate number 2...
and within few minutes I was on my sit...overwhelmed about the take off.
Just was looking outside the window...
On west side horizon I saw the sun was sinking..
I was just watching him descending @ west...
West horizon was full of orange and saffron color....
I was in completely in a different world...
the sun has said good bye...I just happened to salute him...

"Excuse me sir, can you please put on seat belt please?", air hostess on board...
I was back to reality...
"Yes, Thanks!!"
And normal instruction set on flight was being announced while plane was moving towards airstrip.

Plane took a turn,
I was not able to see the saffron horizon after the sun-set, as plane was headed east...
Then slowly plane came on the runway...

Now plane geared up ..all wings ready...crafts engine is roaring....
and booooooooooom..
Within few seconds it got the speed...
The building were going backwards at very high speed...
Ecstasy of take off was at its peak and the plane was in the air...
I lost the sensation of the speed...
it was feeling of void between me and earth...
but it was giving a nice feeling...
I guess some sort of piece of mind...
(Its just like a single cycle of saw tooth wave..)

Remaining part of this will be posted in Part 2.

---
Royal Sujit
I Am What I Am

1 comment:

  1. "I guess some sort of piece of mind..."
    piece should be peace..
    again vocab mistake...
    spell checker can not get it :(
    But again thanks to my friend who pointed it out.

    ReplyDelete